Journalism and Editorial Direction
As the sole writer (with a few contributors over the years) for the Somerville Beat, the entire site is an example of my work that received 10,000 unique visitors and 30,700 pageviews per month at its height. In addition to my writing, I grew the Beat's social media presence to more than 3,100 Facebook fans, more 5,600 Twitter followers and 1,800 Instagram followers (and counting). The Somerville Beat won Best Local Media in the Scout Somerville's 2015 Scout's Honored Awards.
Artist spotlights and other pieces for a business that crafts gallery quality art prints. I conceptualized and assisted with the creation of INPRNT's blog as part of my work for the company as a communications consultant.
- Artist Spotlight: Tristan Henry-Wilson
- Artist Spotlight: Megan Kott and Justin DeVine
- Artist Spotlight: Lily Padula of Artists for the People
- Artist Spotlight: Jimmy Bryant
- Artist Spotlight: Jeremy Aaron Moore
- Summer-Themed Prints to Keep You Warm All Year
Somerville Local First
Nonprofit organization that encourages a diverse economy that is local, sustainable and fair where I served on the board. Planned, coordinated, edited and compiled illustrations, advertisements, listings and essays from member businesses for the annual Local's Guide to Somerville.
Stories about the intersection of media and business for a leading financial website.
Cabot Wealth Advisory
Edited and wrote original content for this free online newsletter with 175,000 subscribers.
- American Consumers are Spent
- The Future of the News Business
- Problems and Solutions for E-Readers
- My Stock Investing Education
Stories for the UK-based news outlet.
Stories for the third-largest circulation newspaper in the U.S.